Sunday, July 22, 2012

New Books/ Used/ Read This Week

Well at long last my books arrived. I ordered them weeks ago and the darn things took the scenic route getting to me. So.. as I was saying .. the goodies arrived.. they came in hardback ,paperback and holding on for life secondhand. I am no book snob I love them all equally..
I got a good mix of books here. Ya, Childrens, Adult, Ghost, Fairytale retelling etc etc. There was a good mix of several genres as you will see in the pictures below.
Can I first say how impressed I was with some of the covers. I know we get told to not judge a book by it's cover but let's face it most of us do. Who wants a (whisper) Ugly book on their shelfs to look at from now until eternity...not me that's for sure.. there has been a few exceptions every so often. Some of my older books and most favourite have very dull covers but I love them !!! ( Them, I forgive anything)
Now .. where was I.. Oh yes.. Beautiful covers this week. It is almost a shame to slip these between other books as the covers are so frickin beautiful. The detail and the work that went into them make the whole book seem more special even before you have cracked one of these babies open.




So, as those close to me know ,when I was a kid( not that many decades ago.. ok a couple..plus interest) I was a big fan of Enid Blyton.. I was very much into books about boarding schools and magic faraway trees and enchanted woods that my copies of my favourite Blyton books got many a battering though the years. I decided to replace them because it would be just my luck that they would go out of print like other favourites of mine. So I got the beautiful hardback editions below. Two names have been changed from the older books that I have . Fanny is now Frannie and Dick is now Rick.............no comment ...:0)




Don't you just love this cover. Esp if you are a fan of eerie... creepy type of covers. Anna Dressed IN Blood. It came this week. I tore through it.. Highly recommend this book!!! If you like a ya book with a good storyline that really packs a ghostly punch read it.!. One of the best Ya books I have read in a long time. It kept me on my toes. Another fab cover too. It is one of my favourites.




My reads for the coming weeks :






So that is my reading sorted for the next week or two. I hope you find some great books to read too xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment