Thursday, November 8, 2012

November Book Haul Part 1



                                                       November Book Haul Part 1


It's been a funny old week. Bad weather, and all the colds and coughs that come with this time of year. Few things cheer me more then books when the weather is rubbish and the evenings are getting dark early. Since last month my reading habits have changed little.I am still reading horror books and some classics...I'm not done with Bronte's yet. Charlotte Bronte's writing appeals to me the most so far, but I am leaving final judgement  until I have read all the books.
So... I have had books arrive in dribs and drabs and have put off posting anything about them until I could collect them altogether and in some kind of order. They are sitting in a pile near my bed awaiting their new home on my bookshelf's...the poor things are homeless until after I post this. Their little paper bodies will be heaved up onto my shelves later tonight..yay!!!
So in no particular order let me introduce you to my newest books..
Patricia Cornwell-The Bone bed... This book is part of the Kay Scarpetta series that has been going since the beginning of the nineties, truly great series for any thriller fans, esp if you are at all interested in pathology and serial killers and unusual crimes. Miss Cornwell is a truly brilliant writer and I have collected all her books ..I highly recommend this series.









Next up we have Two Weeks Notice by Rachel Caine. The second book in the Revivalist series about a woman who is brought back from the dead. I got book one out from the library knowing nothing about it. I loved it and went straight out and bought book 2 now I have to go back and get book 1 at some point. The main Character Bryn is a great female character and I can't wait to see what happens in this second book.









The Case of the Imaginary Detective by Karen Joy Fowler. This is the same writer who wrote the Jane Austen Book Club. I loved that book and the movie. I am hoping this book is going to be just as good.








Next is The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket ,book 10 in the Series of Unfortunate Events series. I have read most of the books in the series but am still collecting all the hardback editions. I have about four more to get. I am looking  forward to finding out if this will have a happy ending ..I'm really hoping for a happy ending for these poor kids.. jeeze they had the worst luck ever.. Lemony Snicket you rock sir!!!!




Here we have Shirley and Villette by Charlotte Bronte.

























A Girl For All Seasons by Camilla Morton.. This is like a woman's guide to everything you need to know in life..

 Two autobiographies I have been eager to get  for a while now. Now they are mine. Yay!!


 I loved him in Candleshoe..
Next Michael Caine..  Some guys just keep getting better and better with age
Jane Austen ... A new edition to my shelves.. the last sad edition was much battered .. It may need a band aid or two

 Have never read Starlight before so if any of you guys have I would love to know what you think about it.
Again another book I had never heard of before.I love the cover!!!!
I am saving this one for Christmas...
 
 
 Well part two of this haul will be up in a day or two so for now enjoy seeing my books and leave in the comments if you got any new books lately you think I might enjoy. Have a great day xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. They are really pretty :0) A girl for all seasons is a really big book filled with lots of info on all the essentials a woman should know ....from a different muse a month(Jane Austen, Coco Chanel etc) to how to make a mojito. Good fun packed with info and advice .

    ReplyDelete