Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sixpence House by Paul Collins

                                                                  Sixpence House

This is the book for anyone who wishes to visit Hay-On-Wye, the town of books or daydreams about it like I do. I was there three years ago this week and I was so pleased when I found this book this week. Paul left San Francisco with his family for this sleepy little town in the Black Mountains in Wales on the border of Hereford and Hereford-shire. It was lovely going back there through Paul's eyes hearing about the streets he walked down that I walked  down myself( I too was in that Chinese..for hours on those sofas).The book is full of tit bits of information about the booksellers in the town and it's history...even a notorious poisoner from the early 1920's.This is a book I would recommend to everyone esp those who love to read books about books or wonderful quaint book towns


No comments:

Post a Comment