Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Greene

 
Before I even start to talk about the contents of this book can I just say I adore this cover!!!!!!
This would look pretty on any bookcase.
 
 
 
I have a fondness for beautiful cups myself which is what drew me to this book in the first place. I always picture the wonderful lifelong happy marriages that the owners of tea-sets had,all the occasions that would have called for their tea set to be brought out and used and by passing them along they are passing some of their luck and happiness to new generations of retro/vintage loving couples starting out in their marriage together.What can I say I am a romantic at heart.
 
.....................................................
 
The story begins with a tea-set and three ladies with an eye for beautiful vintage/retro crockery.
The ladies: Jenny ,Maggie and Alison happen to meet at a car boot sale where they all find a tea set at the same time.Each lady has her own particular reason for wanting it so they are going to have to figure out what to do.They come to an arrangement  about what to do with the tea set  as the three of them found it at the same time and none of them were willing to see it split up . Little do any of them know at this point what wonderful friendships they are about to make because of it.
Each chapter is dedicated to one of the characters and we gradually get to know each one and see what their individual lives and relationships are like.
It is  a very touching book that covers many topics that many people can relate to .
 
Friendship,love ,family, some beautiful vintage pieces,and an ending that will put a smile on your face.
What more could you ask for.......perfect!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment