Monday, March 11, 2013

In My Mailbox

 This is a really eye catching cover.. So many questions immediately spring to mind. Who is she??Who's blood is on the knife??? Can I borrow the outfit for Halloween ???? Seriously though Fab cover !!!!She looks far to elegant to be throwing around knives so we will just have to see what the craic is going on between the covers this week...
 The Passage by Justin Cronin...Another startling cover.. Curiosity and a slight wary feeling chill me to the bone when I see this cover .... The story(going by the blurb) is centered around three people a little girl called Amy Harper Bellafonte ,an FBI agent  called Brad Wolgast and a man called Anthony Carter..These three are linked together and are about to begin an epic journey together.I have not read the reviews but have checked out the ratings on this book and it is favourable. At well over 900 pages it is not going to be a fast read but I don't mind a long story !
 
 After seeing the film Where The Heart Is I was happily surprised to find out it was actually a book and that the author had other books published. I was excited to read the blurb about this book...A murder and missing child and a surprising twist in the mystery nearly 30 years later..I have a feeling this is going to be a gripping story!!!



The Queen's Gambit I won when Lovereading were doing a comp on Twitter... I can't wait to read this. I have been really into this type of book since I started watching the Tudors TV series on DVD. In this story we are in the court of Henry the VIII and we meet Katherine Parr who is about to come under the notice and adoration of Henry ,add lots of treachery and you have yourself one juicy story...This sounds sooooo good!!!
As always there will be reviews up on all these books when I have them read.. If you have read any of these I would love to know what you think. Have a great day buddies xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could tackle 900 pages! Love the tea cup on your banner picture.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! It is a bit daunting but I am looking forward to it :0)

      Delete