Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Brush With Death by Karen MacInerney Review.


First off you should know that I adore this Gray Whale Inn series ,and the newest book above only makes me love it even more. The heroine in the series is called Natalie Barnes and she runs the Gray Whale inn on Cranberry island. Natalie is a character I am very fond off. She is resilient even though she comes up against trouble and danger a lot of the time that would make a lesser person get off that island quicker then you can Ahoy there!
In Brush With Death Natalie has really reached a real low point in her life.. A lot of things are happening in her life that she has little control over and she is really struggling with it all. You really feel for her , she is trying to be brave and just get on with things but you just want to give her a huge hug..
As always there is  delectable sounding cooking going on in the book ..I wish Natalie's inn was real as I sure would be paying a visit to sample some of her wonderful recepies. The food mentioned makes it very hard to resist reading this book without a cup of something hot alongside something tasty to nibble on. This book is a winner in my book and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series. This book has everything ..mystery.. great characters and fabulous setting.. long May This Series Last!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'll check it out. Also, love your blog header. I've read all but Cranford but it's on my Kindle... someday... ; }

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonia! I have half of Cranford yet to read. If you enjoy stories about small village life and those who live there then you will likely enjoy this. Thanks for stopping by! :0)

    ReplyDelete