Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

What a wonderfully moving story this was!
 Before I read this book I had not read any reviews and I only had a brief glimpse at the back cover of the book so by the time I realised what the story was about I was completely hooked. This was one of those stories that you remember long after you have finished reading it.
Reading about concentration camps and the things that went on there is never going to be easy reading but this book will definitely get you thinking about the past and the people who really were in concentration camps
The characters in this story are stripped bare and at times very vulnerable so you do become attached to them and  you do care for them from early on in the book. I was surprised how choked up I got reading it. At times I had to put it down and let what I had read sink in. There was a lot of details that were heart breaking but told in Jodi's unique and very talented way of making you gasp as well as cry.
If you like a story that is more a journey, and takes you from the present to the past and back again while you sit on your seat mesmerised and completely immersed in  fictional characters and their world then go out and buy this book immediately or try and order it from your library !
This is a book to set time aside for.

Below please find a link to this book on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Storyteller-ebook/dp/B0096BJFD2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382037651&sr=1-1&keywords=jodi+picoult+the+storyteller

No comments:

Post a Comment