Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Hangman's Song by James Oswald. Review.

The Hangman's Song by James Oswald is book three in the Inspector McLean series and I adored every single page of it. What starts off as an apparent suicide turns out to be something an awful lot darker and frightening. This was an awesome book and from the very beginning you jump right into the story. It was a real grab you from the start and pull you willingly though type of book.
The story is set in Edinburgh, which I enjoyed, setting a book in a real place is fun especially if you are familiar with it.
The main character Inspector McLean is a hard working, laid back, likeable character who's  job is tough going right now and who's personal life is a bit hit and miss. Between McLean's private life and his job there is plenty to keep you interested in the story.
I really liked McLean, the rest of the characters are just as interesting and enjoyable to read about too. My personal favourite was Grumpy Bob.
The crime scenes were very descriptive and I had no problems visualising what the author was trying to say plus the plot kept me wondering just how it was all going to come together at the end. The ending was smart and I did not see it coming. This book would easily motivate me to go find the other books in the series.

I received this book for review from the lovely folks over at Lovereading.co.uk and you can find this book there if you follow the link below.
http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/10331/The-Hangman-s-Song-by-James-Oswald.html
This book is due for release February 2014 and will be available from Lovereading.co.uk then as well as all other good bookstores.
I received an ARC copy so when the book is released it may have a different cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment