Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins. Review.

I was not sure I was going to like this book as I had never read any Wilkie Collins before but I picked it up anyway and gave it a go as I loved the title.
It took me until I was about a quarter of the way through the book before I started to get into it. There is high drama as well as suspicious goings on. It really is hard to know who to trust in the story and so it is a guessing game from the beginning.
 The main characters of the story are:
Countess Narona .... I never warmer to her as a character, her motives always seemed suspect.
Agnes Lockwood...The wronged woman.... always seemed a little too perfect and composed.
Mr and Mrs Ferrari.. Intriguing....
Lord Mountbarry..... weak and hiding many things.
Countess Narona's brother... ohhhh he comes off as  a very dodgy character.....
When I did finally get into the book I enjoyed it but I did not love it. The plot has twists and turns a plenty and I was not putting this book down until I found out what was going on. The story was worth reading and I loved the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment