Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pre-Loved Book Haul Part 2 And Book Bitching

The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood.. This must be read this year. I have put it off for long enough. 


If there is one thing to do with books that drives me nuts it is when booksellers, booksellers!!!!!!  Put stickers on their books that when you try to take them off you A- Destroy the book or B- It Just Won't come off or especially....C - when you buy someone a book gift and the sticker is so firmly attached that by the time you do actually remove it it looks like you attacked it with a toolbox in the dark while in bad humour...... So in the end it looks less like a sparkling new book and more like something you made yourself in the garage.Honestly just thinking about it............ Shuffles off with steam coming out of my ears.
The Body In the Library by Agatha Christie.. Love Agatha!!
I love this cover of This Side Of Paradise. I do have this on my kindle but quite frankly an old edition with a glamourous old battered cover is going to win it's way into my bag. Also I do sometimes like to underline passages and add some scribbling notes in my old book editions. 
The back of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment