Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Girl You left Behind by Jojo Moyes . Review

I had previously read one other book by this author and then somehow I forgot how good she was until I finished the first chapter of this book then the awesomeness that is Jojo Moyes came back to me like a slap.
You know when you read something that is so good that you don't know where to begin when someone asks what was it about????  ...... Your mind is still with the characters and the plot and the ending....... Oh my , the ending....... 
This is me now.... Minutes after finishing it , and at a loss for words .. 

Let's start with a war, a painting , and the characters.
The war begins and a small French town is invaded by Germans and one particular woman's husband is sent to war, her name is Sophie and her husband is an artist called Edouard Lefevre .Sophie is the main character in the book that tells the story in the  past. In the future the story is mainly told though the eyes of a different woman called Liv . These two women , one living in war time where her life is in constant threat and the other in modern day England grieving the loss of her beloved husband are linked by a painting that means an awful lot to both of them at the time they had it , and the story tells us of the risks each took because of it. Although the story is about war, the painting , loss and hardship , at the centre of it all is love. I loved every minute I listened to this book and the narrator was beautifully spoken, giving emotion to each characters situation so much so that I forgot that it was a woman speaking as a man at times. I urge everyone to read this book. By the time I finished it I had goosebumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment