Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Silent Hours by Cesca Major . Review

This story is based on a real horrific event that took place during war time that the author learned about , but these characters and storyline are fictional . When I finished the last page of this book I found myself with a claustrophobic sensation mixed with sorrow ,dread ,terror and anger , but this is no bad thing as the story was beautifully told and evokes very strong emotions. 
The book is a mix of letters from a sister called Isabelle writing to her brother Paul who is at war, this sister is our main narrator most of the time ,then in the future we see it through the eyes of a woman who is being taken care of in a nunnery in France . The story flits between the two timelines and women. This woman in the future cannot speak after experiencing something that was so horrifying that it completely alters her . She lived  in the same village as Paul and Isabelle , but what she saw one day when Germans invaded their small town would change her forever .  My heart broke for these characters and I found myself holding back tears and feelings that I never knew could be evoked by reading. A powerful story , tremendously moving , and trust me when I say unforgettable . 

I received this book for review from the lovely folks over at Lovereading.co.uk.
This book is going to be published June 2015 and will be available from Lovereading.co.uk and all other good bookstores then . 
Below please find a link to this book on Lovereading.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment