Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Looking Glass house by Vanessa Tait . Review

I am a big fan of Alice in Wonderland , so this story about what happened before she went down the rabbit hole had me very excited. This story was inspired by the author who is the great grandchild of the Alice Liddell who was the inspiration behind the Lewis Carroll books . The story is told through the eyes of the governess Mary who is both frustrating and a likeable character and along with Mr Dodgson and Alice make up the majority of the story. Mr Dogson is a character I was wary of, his intentions I was never certain off as he liked to take pictures of Alice a lot and it was never clear if he did it to get close to her governess or if he just liked being around children. There is the same dreamy quality to the story at times as there was when I read Alice in Wonderland, magical and mixed with unease and innocent fun. I would recommend this to any fan of the Lewis Carroll's books .

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading.co.uk.
This book is due to be published July 2015 and will be available from Lovereading.co.uk and all other good book stores then. 
Below please find a link to this book on the Lovereading website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment