Wednesday, April 20, 2016

When I Was Invisible by Dorothy Koomson . Review

This is a story about two women who originally met at school . They have one very unusual thing in common , the very same name , but they go by Roni and Nika.  The story is an interesting one from the curious introduction of these two females to fast forward many years and both of their lives are very different . We learn early on something happened between the two women but we do not learn what until much later , I tried to guess judging by where they were in their lives in the present tense but I did not see it coming . This is an emotional read, when I finished the last page it felt like a big hole had been left inside me and it's rare a book will do that to me. The story covered topics like friendship, domestic abuse, homelessness and survival , and at the centre are these two friends with a unique bond that could not be broken. I recommend this to everyone ! Breathtaking! 

I received this book for review from the lovely people over st Lovereading.co.uk.
This book is being published May 2016 and will be available from Lovereading  and all other good bookstores then . 
Below please find a link to this book on the Lovereading website:

No comments:

Post a Comment