Sunday, July 17, 2016

Beck by Mal Peet . Review


This is the story about a young man called Beck who lives in England in the early 1900's. This young man goes through many an upheaval in his young life and finds himself on the boat to America where a whole new future and opportunities await him but not everything is as it seems and not everyone are as they at first seem . Reading this gave me a lump in my throat , the treatment of him  made me angry and sad but seeing his strength and bravery was heartwarming . 
I read this in one sitting as I got invested in his character and I needed to see how his life was going to work out, and where he would end up . I was glad I did . My favourite character was Grace's grandmother , I loved her spirit and her loving warmness to Beck.

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading4kids. This book is being published September 2016 and will be available from Lovereading4kids and all other good bookstores then. Below please find a link:


No comments:

Post a Comment