Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Cursed Child by J. K Rowling , John Tiffany, Jack Thorne


I have loved every Harry Potter book that has been published . They are one of those "go to " comfort reads that does not let you down , that you read and listen to time and time again .
This book/ screen play was  not what I had hoped it would be  . It started okay and it was promising ....we get to meet Harry and his family now that he is an adult but without the detail I knew and loved from J.K Rowlings previous books , this left me wanting more. When the story really got going there was too much happening without enough detail . It felt like it was all happening in fast forward. 
I understand that this is a Script and not a book but I think it had huge possibilities as a book that then could have been  made into a play. 
After finishing the script I thought back to Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows and for me I think this will remain the last book in the series. This script will always feel like fan fiction . As a Harry Potter fan since the beginning if J.K wrote these books for the rest of her life I would continue to read them and get excited by them but this came no where near an enjoyable read for me. 
On the plus side seeing some of the characters relationship with each other now as adults is sweet and sometimes funny. This script had the potential to be the best Harry Potter book yet if only written as a book with all the detail of a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment