Friday, February 9, 2018

Reading This Weekend

Hi guys ! Are you getting any of the snow ? Where I am has got lots of snow recently ... it’s so cold that evenings spent wearing oversized wooly socks while tucked under a blanket with my books and pets is my idea of a happy night . I have been reading lots of lovely , truly terrific books too . Here are some that I have started on recently and those I hope to finish this next 7 days . Ahhhhh Friday nights gone wild here I tell ya !!!! ;0) 

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn is a story about spies during war time . I had seen this so much lately that I can’t wait to find out some more about it for myself . I have a love for war time books centered around women and what they did at that time . 


The Misadventures Of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae. Loving this lady’s book . Blunt and to the point .


Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb has been on my TBR list since about last year , I am finally reading it and also LOVING IT! Fitz !!!! I love him . I am about 1/3 of the way through this and it’s fabulous . You don’t need to enjoy fantasy books to enjoy this . 

I really enjoyed A Discovery Of Witches so I could not resist this book . I fell in love with the cover . It’s so pretty! The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston

Bird Box by Josh Malerman sounds like it’s going to be an eerie haunting read .... I must remember not to read this gem before bed......

I am 1/4 way through this gigantic tome . It’s soooo good. Two great writers together make this an awesome read with a terrific and terrifying plot . Sleeping Beauties by Stephen and Owen King

 
The Woman I Wanted To Be by Diane Von Furstenberg is a beautiful non fiction account of this woman’s life . I am really enjoying it and it is full of wise words and advice as well as plenty of pictures and information about her life . Every woman should read this . 

No comments:

Post a Comment