Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Word Is Murder by Anthony Horrowitz. Review




I am a huge fan of Anthony Horowitz and when I came across this book I was very excited . I had read The House Of Silk by the same author a few years ago and I loved it so I had high hopes for this one too and it did not disappoint. 
The story is set in London .... one day a lady walks into a funeral home and makes arrangements for her own funeral ... later that day she is murdered . 
I mean ... what a start to a story !!!!!! 
This was such a good book , honestly you are reading  it and it is just getting better and better and it’s twisting and turning  and here you are just gleefully along for the ride  . 
A writer is asked by a man investigating the crime  to tell the story about what is happening as it is happening , these two are stuck together from the start as they try and trudge their way through the heartbreak , deceit and downright lies of what’s going on . 
This book had everything , a curmudgeonly central character , a smart and funny writer and a whole host of interesting characters with twists and turns , surprises , stomach clenching moments and some down right gross ones  . All in all I could not get enough of these characters and plot , pure genius ! 


Check out The Word Is Murder by Anthony Horowitz

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36204075

No comments:

Post a Comment